Monday 12 March 2012

Best days out

These are from my second, longer stay in Perth (note refusal to use the word  ‘final’)).

Days out to country towns and beauty spots with Jan and Brian.  They are fond of antiquey shops and I’m happy to follow.  Lots of interesting stuff but, aside from being not able to carry it, a lot of it is very familiar in a nostalgic sort of way and I really don’t want to buy something brought all this way on a slow boat and take it back on a plane. I’d like a bit of junky Australian kitsch and have seen a koala salt shaker. Alas the pepper pot wasn’t with it.

Cycling the sunset coast home after a day on the beach – even if it did result in a re-invasion of the chest infection. Sundays while I’m working generally spent alone with bike, a beach and a book – chill out but with sunshine.
Saturdays not out with Jan and Brian exploring a different area of Perth – Leederville, Subicaco and others known for cafés and nice little shop for bowsings. On café’s, I’ve caught the habit of coffee being something you drink out rather than make at home. Skinny flat white all the way – a good one lasts all day – no need for top ups. On nice little shops, I have bought too many tops but have warned friends to put me under citizen’s arrest I they see me eyeing a pair of shoes – only one suitcase.

Fish and chips watching the sunset at Cottesloe wih Jen and Jode – and a bottle of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment