Sunday 8 January 2012

Nana upside down

I've discovered that the purpose of blogging is to give you something to do in the early hours made avaiable  by jet lag......

A few days in London enabled me to explain to Selam, using her soft toy globe, that tomorrow Nana would be upside down. She liked that idea but didn't quite get the time difference thingy but I've encouraged her to say ;G'day Nana' when she goes to bed.

So after a whole day standing in snaking queues of humanity the final snake you have to travel to exit Perth airport spat me out to my waiting friends from school days, Jan and Brian. I'm staying with them for these first few days - both teachers and still on summer hols so we are having some days out. They live near a patch of nature reserve bushland - Star Swamp - where we walk in the mornings. Used to be kangaroos there but not now, We did see a rainbow bee eater- they nest in burrows on the ground and catch bees to  feed the chicks. No camera of course so I'll take it today and we'l never see one again.

BBQ yesterday with Jan's daughter Kate, her boyfriend and his family. How have I got this far into post without mentioning the weather?  Yes it's lovely and hot - 25 degrees. Must try to get a couple more hours sleep now.

1 comment:

  1. Walking and swimming in Sidney sounds great!
    It is snowing in Oxford today.
    Waiting for photographs.
    Does bath water really disappear into the drain swivelling around the other way?
    Your neighbour at 72

    ReplyDelete