Friday 17 February 2012

On turning 60

A sub plot to being down under  at this particular time is that I have had my first ever sunshiny birthday on 10 February.  I reckon one in 60 is a must.  With Ray, my good friend from university days (40 years ago – imagine that!) who has been over visiting family, I cruised a drive-through bottle-shop (you can’t buy ‘grog’ in supermarkets – have to go to special places), swam in the ocean, had lunch at the botanic garden in Kings Park and dined on goat at harbour-side Mia Cucina in the evening with assorted other friends from various stages of my life.  They all seemed to get on well even though I was the only person they had in common and had more or less lost my voice. I  was also, as befits my age, able to fit in an afternoon nap.

 I was cheered when the doctor I’ve been seeing for my chest told me that I don’t look 60. This was in the context of needing an ECG to check out my heart on account of my great age  - mind you I am paying her.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Judith - sounds an idyllic day - and hope that you've now recovered from the Aussie lurgy. I'm really enjoying reading your blogs - the pissed Koala made me laugh out loud.

    Weather here has now turned springlike - bird singing, even a little warmth in the sunshine and snowdrops out everywhere - it fair makes your heart sing after a long and dreary (but dry) winter.

    Much to celebrate this weekend as Sarah has been promoted (effective from 1 October) to Lieutenant Commander - she's over the moon and so am I. Proud mum or what?!

    Keep up the blogs - great to read them.

    Love
    Alana

    ReplyDelete